View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by pat brundage
I'm having the same problem with my Tin Lizzie. I bought it in May of 2010 and the longest it has ever worked at one time is three weeks. The dealer sends the repairman out and they replace the encoder and it works for a few days and does the same thing again. I have called the company and left messages for Greg the repairman there and for Ernie the owner and get a return call about every 5th message I leave. Ernie did call me back once and said he would send a part the next day but then the dealer called and said they wouldnn't replace that part. I usually have to wait 2 - 3 weeks for a service call as I have been told they're too busy to keep coming out - I live about 10 minutes from the store.

Ugh!! I hope my Tin Lizzie doesn't have those same problems--with it only working a couple weeks at a time. If that happens, I won't be impressed! Although I am not doing a business so I won't be using it all the time. I am hoping to start doing some quilts --just by word of mouth- though. And no one in my Quilt Guild has a longarm so I am hoping to get some business from them. I am doing four "practice" quilts for my friend who is also in the Quilt Guild and I only have one left. The first three have turned out nicely (I have the fourth one loaded and ready to quilt), so I hope when she shows them at Quilt Guild and tells them that I quilted them, that my work on her quilts will prove my ability and generate some business from the ladies in my Guild. I also work full time so don't have alot of extra time so I would be happy with even 1-2 quilts a month to do for people. Hopefully my machine will stay running better than yours has.