Thread: women friends
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Ramona Byrd

And here I thought I was kinda strange, liking to be by myself. My late DH was my best friend for almost 40 years, kids all off on their own. I have 2 different sets of friends of many years, my woman's club since 1972, we meet as a group 3 or 4 times a month and catch up on our lives by e-mails. The other group is the ones I go in blood drives with, one of whom has been a friend since 1984, others are neat people and were close to me when DH spent 3 years in the nursing home.

Favorite sister is almost as bad with shopping. She asked me to help her choose an Almost-Mother-of-the-Groom outfit, (this guy almost lived at their house as a kid) since she walks into a store, if she doesn't see anything in 20 feet or so she's out of there!!! But she lives many miles down the road and we see each other 3 or so times a year, visiting by train.

My cats don't talk much, don't like TV, read a lot and sew and garden. I LIKE my life this way. No way will I ever get married again! Had the best DH ever.

Grew up as a single kid with Grandma till late teens when I joined up with parents and siblings..Grandma was my anchor in life.