Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Edie

This has been a really harsh winter here in Minnesota. We are anticipating flooding throughout the state to St. Paul and Minneapolis and we Minneapolitans and St. Paulites know what the floods are like here. If we can have some warm weather to slowly melt the snow it may stop the flooding, but as it looks right now, we are going to have a full week of weather in the 40's, which is unusual in February. There were people out running in shorts - We call the color of their legs Minnesota White. The most emaciating color in the world. Our roof cleared off yesterday with the sun so high and warm. Today, I am going to shovel snow into the alley to protect our driveway wall - I do that every year. By 4:00 PM, it will all be melted in the alley. But the melting and freezing is all a harbinger of Spring! And we can't wait for that. I let the dog on the porch yesterday and she jumped up on the couch and looked out the window and watched the world go by. She was in her glory. It is kind of an itchy time isn't it. You know that it is almost over. Another month and 1/2. This time, if you think about it, has gone fast. I am sending away for some flower seeds this week.

Oh, yah, we have high school tournaments in March - Wrestling, Basketball (boys and girls) and Hockey (boys and girls) and there is always a storm during one of the tourneys. Another harbinger of Spring. We don't go by February, March and April, we go by Super Bowl, high school tournaments and who saw the first dandelion!!!!!!! Or fly!!!!!

Think Spring, everybody - it is around the corner, trying awfully hard to get here. Edie