Thread: need ideas
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
My BFF just found out she's going to be a grandmother (of a boy). Her son and DIL sent her some photos of the fabrics they're going to use in the nursery.
It's very swirly, lots of curves, not very nursery-looking, more like an abstract painting, but oh well.
Anyway she had already asked me to help her make a tumbling block crib quilt for the baby. But now that she's seen the curvy, swirly design they'll have on everything, she's (we're) wondering if a tumbling block quilt will look out of place, even though she'd use the same colors?
I should mention that her son and DIL are FUSSY about what they wear, the house decorations etc. Of course we all are but they take it to a crazy level. And if they don't like a gift they either shove it into a closet or take it back. They'll even announce at Xmas "Oh I'll have to exchange this since I don't like it" right to the person who gave it to them....etc.
I think they're rude but my BFF is such a sweet person and I don't want her to work on a gift if they won't like it.
What I'm trying to ask is, if you needed to make a crib quilt for a nursery that'll have abstract wallpaper and sheets etc, what quilt pattern would you choose?
Thanks
If they're that picky, I would send them money and let them get what they want. Why kill yourself making a beautiful baby quilt if they aren't going to appreciate it anyway?