View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
RugosaB

It was nice to see the Scottish Deerhound. They are sighthounds, and lure course (google lure course if you want to know what that is - an event for sighthounds).
I discoverred a few days ago, at the Westminster site, one can watach the breed judging, so of course I watched the basenjis. One of the reasons I even attempted to show this breed, was because a complete nobody (me) can do well, if they have a good dog. From the judging (I knew a lot of the people), that's still true.
There's a man in the breeed who last year, made it possible a young girl, through Make A Wish, could have her wish come true, which was to see the basenjis being judged at Westminster. He was instrumental in having her not only be there to see the judging, she got to be in the ring and pass out the ribbons! I'm kind of afraid to ask if she's still alive, so I haven't.
David Frei sent my daughter a book with a sweet note written inside, when she was going through, what eventually ended in, scoliosis surgery. I'm sure Mike had something to do with that.