Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

How many have been watching - it is awesome to see all the dif breeds etc. Beautiful and so well trained. I rounded up my dogs tonight and made them watch it and pointed out to them how well behaved the show dogs were - how they minded their own business and did not bother the other dogs - no butt sniffing etc. I don't think they were that impressed but I was.

I'm on the west coast and my 3 dogs and I are watching right now. They aren't impressed like I am. I do love to see all those well groomed and well behaved dogs!

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    I like to dogs shows too. Scrappy and Sapper looked for a second and went into the other room. I think they think those dogs on TV have sold out to the humans.

Its hard to watch Dog shows with our Lab in the room. He barks at them. What dog will win this year? Has anyone won yet?

nope not here

Best of Show tonight but can't remember the dog breed that won not familiar with it one of the dogs in the finals was the same kind Obama has - it won for it's group but not over all

President Obama has a portugese water dog

Wish my doggies would get the message but I really think it's a lost cause.

WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING IT TOO, FORGOT ABOUT IT TONIGHT........FUNNY, OUR LAB SITS AND BARKS TOO AND OUR GERMAN SHORTHAIR AS WELL....THEY R FUNNY. WE HAVE A 61 INCH TV AND THEY GO RIGHT UP TO THE SCREEN AND SIT....LOL, I LIVE IN WISCONSIN

SHAR .....QUILTED DOGS

Blog Entries
    My Border Collie mix loves to watch animals on TV. My Siberian mix couldn't care less. I'm always surprised how badly behaved the Siberians are. I'd not be pleased if mine acted like that in public. I didn't see it this year. Maybe they were better.

My Scrappy Dew barked at the dog on the intro to the Grapes of Wrath movie. Then he proceeded to jump of the couch to give the TV a piece of his mind. He loves Animal Planet when I'm in the states. Go figure....

The winner was a Scottish something or other. Some kind of hunting dog with long legs. Really cute.

Blog Entries
    lol funny..i missed it. i would have loved to have seen it

My little teacup poodle tries to jump on the tv and get the dogs. Sh always thinks she is tough. I can't watch the movie Marley or other dog shows with her around. She tries to get them all.

The winner was a five year old Scottish deerhound from Virginia named Hickory

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    Hee Hee. I watched my 3 dogs slept. Don't think they were very impressed :-D :-D

my yellow lab does not pay attention to the television. She would prefer we don't either...sits and whines to play "Maddie in the middle" with her. the only time she hears the tv is when a doorbell rings. She barks, runs to the door, and can't be convinced no one is there. However, people have been known to drive up our very long driveway, park and exit their car, slamming the door, and walking into our kitchen, calling "hello" before Maddy even hears them--go figure. We call her a laprador (she loves our laps) releaver (she does not retrieve, just leaves the ball). But she is a wonderful girl in all other ways

Laurie

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I love watching the WDS! Those dogs are beautiful!

I love the St. Bernards, Clumber Spaniels, Boxers, and oh, so many more!

I do think the dog that won Best in Show is a rather scroungy looking breed. He was a beautiful dog, but not the most attractive breed.

The winner was on Martha Stewart today. Nice dog, I have never seen one before!

Scottish deer hounds are a very old breed, used by lairds and clan members for hunting and protecting WAY back in the day. They are very protective of their "pack" whatever or whoever they are. They are capable of keeping up with a full grown male deer in flight mode, which is no small feat. Their coat looks "scruffy" because it is multi-toned and allows the dog to move through heavy, thorny underbrush without getting hung up in it. They are very loving and sweet, but don't mess with their family!I love it when a breen that has competed for many years finally wins the big dance! Or one of them anyway, there are many wonderful dog shows around the world, I wish we could see how things are done in other countries.

Thanks for the info, I love to read about what dogs "jobs" were! I think its cool that something less "popular" won. Still love the labs, poodles, ect, though!

An interesting fact: All dogs regardless of size, shape color, etc when stripped down to their skeleton are identical to wolves. There are a few differences between the two but both can mate with each other and their offspring can reproduce with no problems. Some of the differences include mating times, tail curling, litter numbers... but for the most part the two different species are so identical that the scientific community debate is whether or not to classify both species as one. The current argument is that dogs are really domesticated wolves.

If I want to make my 10 pound dog's day all I do is rub on him and call him a big bad wolf. He loves it!

Love the Westminster...you get to see dogs not running around your neighborhood. My Lab and Yorkie slept through it since they both think they are perfect!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
    How many have been watching - it is awesome to see all the dif breeds etc. Beautiful and so well trained. I rounded up my dogs tonight and made them watch it and pointed out to them how well behaved the show dogs were - how they minded their own business and did not bother the other dogs - no butt sniffing etc. I don't think they were that impressed but I was.
    Love to watch it and always point it out to my babies. And, they always give that "when pigs fly" look -- but I do catch them watching it occasionally.

I have a Clumber Spaniel, Toddy, and two Bearded Collies, Blossom and Kirby.
    All of them slept thru the show!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast