Westminster Dog Show

Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 PM

Every year I watch. One day I want to go to New York and see it in person. I have a German Shepherd so I always want them to win but it alway fun to see the different breeds.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

ME TOO! It's a tradition in my house to watch it!!! My dog is actually the son of a dog that competed one year...how exciting was it to watch that year? :)
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 PM

I love the dog shows. I had to record it tonight and it didn't record all of it so I got to see the Whippet win the hound group. I'm not as interested in the toy group but thats where it stopped recording. I found it showing in the morning too so I'll catch the rest of it then.
BK, what kind of dog do you have? That is exciting.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:39 PM

I have Papillons.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
ME TOO! It's a tradition in my house to watch it!!! My dog is actually the son of a dog that competed one year...how exciting was it to watch that year? :)
How exciting! What breed is he? My female dog is the great granddaughter of Chance on the movie 'Homeward Bound'.

Any dog show fan who has not watched the movie 'Best of Show' should definitely rent it. It's a spoof about dog shows, and it's hilarious.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dglvr
I love the dog shows. I had to record it tonight and it didn't record all of it so I got to see the Whippet win the hound group. I'm not as interested in the toy group but thats where it stopped recording. I found it showing in the morning too so I'll catch the rest of it then.
I have a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. His mom has shown at Westminster and his Dad is some hoity toity award winner in Ireland :) But, to me, my Quinn is just a crazy wacky companion :)
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Minda
How exciting! What breed is he? My female dog is the great granddaughter of Chance on the movie 'Homeward Bound'.

Any dog show fan who has not watched the movie 'Best of Show' should definitely rent it. It's a spoof about dog shows, and it's hilarious.
Awww! I LOVE Chance!!! Does she look like him?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:37 AM

I am watching the Dog Show now. I didn't miss much. They are judging the toy group now. I had to laugh at the Dentastix
commercial that was just on. I like my DVR where I can skip through commercials but like the commercials with the Dog Shows.
You guys with all these celebraty babies should show pictures.
I groomed for 12 years so love to see them. I only groomed pets not the show dogs.
Ahhhh the Toy Poodle won. Now thats a groom job.

quote=BKinCO]
I have a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. His mom has shown at Westminster and his Dad is some hoity toity award winner in Ireland :) But, to me, my Quinn is just a crazy wacky companion :)[/quote]
Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

I am watching the Dog Show now. I didn't miss much. They are judging the toy group now. I had to laugh at the Dentastix
commercial that was just on. I like my DVR where I can skip through commercials but like the commercials with the Dog Shows.
You guys with all these celebraty babies should show pictures.
I groomed for 12 years so love to see them. I only groomed pets not the show dogs.
Ahhhh the Toy Poodle won. Now thats a groom job.

quote=BKinCO]
I have a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. His mom has shown at Westminster and his Dad is some hoity toity award winner in Ireland :) But, to me, my Quinn is just a crazy wacky companion :)
[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: oh HECK NO I'm not showing you a picture of my KCCS :) You? A professional groomer? You'd have a heart attack when you saw how we keep him sheared. I wanted him for his personality, not his hair. And I can't stand the shedding everywhere, so we keep him short. Really short :)
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Minda

Awww! I LOVE Chance!!! Does she look like him?
She looks almost exactly like him, and she is such a sweetheart. She wouldn't hurt anyone or anything except our male American Bulldog, who she thinks she was born to terrorize.