Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 AM
missbelle

Yours is the lst & only MW machine I see in lst Sewing Machine. The first sm I used was a National 2-spool and I know most of you never heard of that kind. It belong to my GM and I would sit in a chair beside her in about 1935 while she would sew for me and let me push the control and explain to me about sewing and what she was doing. After a while I could use with her supervision. Boy, that was a Cadillac of a machine even though straight stitch only. They were sold out in country areas by traveling salesmen. Her house burned in the early '40's so there went my machine. I used my mother's singer pedal machine that was a relative's and had a lot of miles before she got it, but it sewed. After I married I got a MW (new) electric of course and straight stitch. But it was great had a knee control. I made my clothes, household items and sport coats for my husband. Then technology had progressed and in whatever year the 302 singers came out I traded in. Then, later for a 501 singer, which I have lent to a GGD-in law. By then I was sewing for twins. Then there came touch-in-sew singers, and then Pfaff and then machines that do embtroidery and sew also. I still have a several of them. Well, needless to say If I could find a National two-spool in excellent shape reasonable I would buy, but then I would need a few regular sized spools and a way to transfer thread. The MW was also a great one, sorry I traded it in. You can tell that I am like auto collectors. I am still sewing and doing some quilting. missbelle