View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 PM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by milp04
How did he expect you to have a back for the quilt? Pam M
This made me literally LOL!! When my mom, who was a seamstress for 35 years mind ya, made a quilt for my son and a wall hanging for my bathroom... she didn't put a back on either of them! Just the top and batting, then it was nicely quilted by her and sent to me to do the "edge thing you do"(she was talking bout the binding). It broke my heart to have to tell her "Uhmm, ma... erm,.. You did a really beautiful job on these, thank you so much".
Well, I just couldn't tell her the right way so I did indeed do "that thing you do on the edge" after adding a backing to each and just tacking it in several places so it didn't ruin her quilting. I did show her a few years later and she said straight-faced and all "Oh garsh, I knew something was missing on it but I never could figure out just what that was." :lol: Ya gotta love her though!

To the OP, sorry but I had to share this when I seen that comment. I don't think you broke your promise as it was only bought in order to keep your promise. Win-win, right? ;-)