View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM
stitchofclass2

Originally Posted by Suzi
You gals are just so talented and busy - I loved reading all the posts. Great pets - rats!!!
I like to nap most of all (have chronic anemia), read, then photography. Did crochet for 50 years and then carpal tunnel reared it's nasty head. I breed and raise dogs but I guess you really can't call that a hobby - it's more like 100% work! Did endurance and competitive riding up until a couple of years ago as we always had horses .......... Don't really garden because if the deer don't eat everything that I plant, the slugs, voles, bunnies and turkeys do. It took forever for me to smarten up and quit planting just to feed the wildlife ... no, fences don't work! Love my life --------- and it sounds like you all love yours, also!
Suzi! Have you tried scraping (w/a potato peeler) Irish Spring soap on your plants? I do this about once a month or so and it keeps the deer and rabbits from eating my hosta. I use the bits of soap left over after bathing. Also, treat for slugs or they will make my hosta leaves "lacy".