View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Rumbols
I used to belong to it but I stopped when I found out all the 'free' patterns were from websites you all post here. You do get a few Fons & Porter patterns but they were later published in their magazine. The videos were mostly older ones and can be found on other free tv web sites. It was worth it the first year because everything was new, but after that, not so much. I did learn quite a few things that first year. But when I found you guys, I learned way more.
But don't let me stop you from checking it out. It might be just what you like. Everyone has their own learning curve.
i like your response/assessment. that is pretty much what my q gr friend says...that the videos are old but she doesn't have time to search the net. she is involved w/wa state edu dept...does her shopping online but not a lot of time for wandering...have told her about this site...she has been here but i haven't talked her into to joining yet...it is time consuming...i am only here when time allows...every few weeks. but like you said...there is soooooo much to learn here and it is free. and links ...less time spent searching...and the tutorials...well...maybe nxt time we have gr meet [that i can make it too :) ] i can convince her how great this place is to spend a little time hangin' w/cool quilters and learning great/interesting stuff.