Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 AM
debbie33

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I have known 3 people who are horders to this extreme..One was my Great Aunt and 2 are parents to my oldest daughter's friend..The bug/mouse/rat infestation was and is still terrible..it was and is unhealthy..I use to work in a rescue/fire ems field and things happen all the time..Fire's, injuries and such..When hording is the extreme to the point that there is only a path way to walk during a fire, the person who is in the house usually can not get out and rescue workers can not get in or if they get in, to find the person is almost impossible..They have many obstacles blocking their paths to help..
I completely agree. It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt. What if there was a fire, you'd be trapped. This lady could sprain/break an ankle just from walking, or worse and fall and no one would be able to find her.
Not to mention all that dust. How can heating/AC work properly when all ducts are blocked?
We all like to collect things, but sorry, this lady needs help! You can't take it w/ you... I don't know why people try.