View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 AM
BizzyBee

Okay...since this is kitty show and tell...here are mine!

Callie is our little old lady -- she will be 15 on the 4th of July! You would never know she's that old! She is the Queen Bee in the house that's for sure! Actually there is a story behind how Callie came to us. I helped with a fundraiser for a girl with Cystic Fibrosis (which both of my brothers had) and she needed money to get a double lung transplat. We raised the money, she recieved her transplant, but in the end we lost her. Callie's mommy was Becka (the CF girl's) cat. So Callie's full name is Callie Rebecca, after Rebecca who fought so hard to live.

Lacey and Lexi, came to us via our daughter and her tender heart. Some of her boy friends (friends that are boys) found three kitties and they were only three weeks old. I really think their mommy was just scared away by the boys. But anyway she called us and we told her to take them to a vet, not to bring them home (I knew what the outcome would be!). The receptionist at the vet office took one. But they couldn't take the others. Because of their age we took them to PetMart to see if they could take them and nurse them then adopt them. Well...they gave us the bottles and the formula. We were told to "foster" them until they were six weeks old, then bring them back. Well...it's been 5 years now and we still haven't taken them back!

Oh, and we have our silly Sadie too! She's an Aussie with "prick" ears...that's a breeding fault. Her nickname is "Gizzmo".

Callie when she was 6 weeks old !
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177007[/ATTACH]

Lexi and Lacey at 3 weeks old!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177008[/ATTACH]

Silly Sadie (Gizzmo) with Callie and Lexi all grown up!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177001.jpe   attachment-177002.jpe   attachment-177004.jpe