Why does my cat do this?

Old 03-28-2011, 03:41 AM

My cat is content to sleep in the sun or wherever she chooses until I sit down to embroider. Then she insists on being on my lap under my needlework. I have her trained to not chase my thread although sometimes she does give it "the look". What is it that attracts her? She doesn't do it when I read or use the computer. We are assuming it is the sound of the thread going through the fabric.

What do you think? What strange things do your cats do?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176320.jpe  
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 AM

My two did the same and I still miss them when I sit down to do anything by hand. Sterling and Avery were always in/on anything related to fabric. Cute kitty!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 AM

MY 2 SMALL DOGS DO THE SAME THING. i THINK THAT THEY FELL SECURE THEN.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 AM

Cats have minds of their own.
We have 2. We have coffee and read the newspaper in bed every morning. Dasher waits until I finish the newspaper to climb up on my chest and purrs, insists on petting -- if I don't pet him right, he reaches his paw up to my face. Every once in a while, he gets his paw in my mouth. If the newspaper is lengthy, he sits and stares at me until I put it down. Then, his brother jumps up and lays on the newspapers.....he LOVES the newspapers. Sometimes we have the leave the paper on the bed most of the day. Dasher insists on fresh water out of the bathroom faucet and Donner wants fresh water out of the faucet in the bathtub. We can put fresh water in their dish (in the bathtub, btw) but they don't want that, they want fresh RUNNING water!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 AM

I have 1 running water drinker too.

I have to get up between 3-5 and put food in the kitty bowls. Doesn't matter if they are not empty. Usually I add about 6 kibble and go back to bed.

Miss Teddi was bottlefed (by me) from 2 weeks old along with her siblings. She's not at all spoiled!

When I was transitioning them from formula to kibble I mixed the 2 with my stick blender and deposited all kittens with the gruel into the tub. It was hilarious!

I'm glad I had the fun of being kitteh Mom once but don't care to have to do it again! Washing 5 babies like 5 times a day kept me a little busy :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176355.jpe  
Old 03-28-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
I have 1 running water drinker too.

I have to get up between 3-5 and put food in the kitty bowls. Doesn't matter if they are not empty. Usually I add about 6 kibble and go back to bed.

Miss Teddi was bottlefed (by me) from 2 weeks old along with her siblings. She's not at all spoiled!

When I was transitioning them from formula to kibble I mixed the 2 with my stick blender and deposited all kittens with the gruel into the tub. It was hilarious!

I'm glad I had the fun of being kitteh Mom once but don't care to have to do it again! Washing 5 babies like 5 times a day kept me a little busy :mrgreen:
Cute picture!! Aren't you glad you didn't have to lick them clean? :lol: :lol:
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Cute picture!! Aren't you glad you didn't have to lick them clean? :lol: :lol:
ROTFL! It would have been a full meal!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 AM

We have 3 cats. Oscar thinks my dh's lap is his personal property. Don't you dare sit there without him. Sarah is permanently attached to my laptop. The minute I close the lid, there she is. I think she hears the sound of it closing. :lol: Brownie is the only one who doesn't think he belongs someplace all the time.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM

Yeah got a runner here too, and she only likes the water running in the bathroom sink. Not in a bowl she turns her nose up ( i swear) and walks away. Now i have one Chiuaua(of many) she thinks she has to help, she will whine until i put her next to me,will put her paw on my arm and scratch it until i stop and pay more attention to her..
Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

my mamma cat trys to sit in front of the monitor when i'm on the computer. all three of my cats want to be petted when i'm busy. no matter what i'm doing. on the phone, etc. just like a child would do. attention please!