Why does my cat do this?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:51 AM

Whenever I bring a quilt out to the living room to sit and hand hem the bindings, my cat Bebe, has to climb on the quilt and go to sleep. EVERY TIME! Like it was made especially for her to sleep on!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 AM

Oh your cat is so adorable. We used to have a little ‘tortie’ and she was a spunky and tough little girl who thought she was a mountain lion. I’m not sure why your kitties are doing this – curiousity maybe?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:30 AM

my daughter has a Persian adopted from a shelter. Every night, the cat collects her little play mice and puts them all into a straight row by the bed. And, if one is missing, she walks the floor, moaning and crying until it is found. Strangest thing I have ever seen a cat do...
Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 AM

Mine eats the handles off of the plastic grocery bags. So I must used cloth bags, but the department store bags MUST be emptied IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner. People are mugged upon entering my house for their plastic bags!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 AM

We have three cats, the newest one was a feral kitten my daughter found while at college last Oct, he was about three/four weeks old. Fast forward to now where the little stinker has hit what I call a cat teenager. He is the smartest, naughty boy but I just love him.

I left my laptop open and came back to find about seven keys pulled off it, laying nearby and on the floor! Lucky for us that they just snapped on.

One of our other cats just loves to lay on the dining room table where I sew when I am sewing. I am not sure why, but he is always my buddy there.

I feel fortunate to have pets - there are always there for us!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by mummadee
Mine eats the handles off of the plastic grocery bags. So I must used cloth bags, but the department store bags MUST be emptied IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner. People are mugged upon entering my house for their plastic bags!
One of my cats licks plastic. My Mom's cat licks photographs. Must be something in the developer.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 AM

I dont know what it is about yarn. I can have a ball of yarn buried in the bottom of a bag with all kinds of other stuff on top of it and my puppy will find it and next thing you know it is all over the house. She has even nudged a partially open zipper to make the opening large enough to get it out. I thought it was cats that played with yarn - guess she is part cat.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Originally Posted by mummadee
One of my cats licks plastic. My Mom's cat licks photographs. Must be something in the developer.
We had a cat that ate plastic, including the liners on waste baskets. The vet told us that this could be fatal. So we got bitter apple and sprayed it on the plastic trash can liners and it DID work. We had a sweet dog who was 'mama's helper' and whenever she saw the cat eating plastic she would bark at her and coming running to me to let me know.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM

We have 1 cat "Chewey" and a dog, "Ariya". The dog loves to harass the cat. Every time he does, Chewey makes a strange sound, so, one of us will say, "Ariya, leave the cat alone". Sometimes Chewey will make that noise and Ariya won't even be anywhere near her. I think she does it to get him into trouble. Before we say anything, we look around to see if Ariya is really near her.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:27 AM

My cat has to be right in the middle of everything I do. When I try to cut fabric there he is right on top of the fabric. So I have to put him down and then we repeat a few times. I keep telling him that a rotary cutter is not a good grooming tool. He is good to give up after a couple of times. Whey do they do it-------------------because they are cats.

Almost forgot the strangest thing he does------he bathes his feet all the time in a water bowl. DD who is a vet says that is so strange as she has only seen that in cats who have end stage liver disease.