View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 04:24 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by Julianna
My DH says I am not the least bit creative because every time I sew, quilt, bake, garden, paint, write, etc. I do my own thing instead of following a set pattern, or rule, or recipe, or guide of some type. He says creative means doing EXACTLY what the plan says and not changing it one tiny bit. I say if I want it the way someone else does I will do their way, if I want it my way I will do mine.

What are your thoughts on being CREATIVE?

I think your dear husband has the definition backwards...you are creative in the total sense of the word! IMHO to follow someone else's directions in it's entirety would only create people who could not think for themselves nor would they be able to come up with superior results in whatever process they were trying to accomplish. His definition would create a world of clones and not one of fabulous creative people who love to create anything/everything with their own personal touch.

That is one thing that's so fabulous about this board...all the creative people who dared to change and do it their way!