Thread: Extra income?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Lisanne

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Here are a few ideas I've been successful with:

Mystery Shopping and Auditing. Two years ago I made over $10,000 by mystery shopping and doing audits of a big electronic store chain. You can learn more at www.volition.com Besides earning cash, my husband and I had some wonderful dinners out and I also did some jewelry mystery shops and got lots of pricey earrings and charms which I gave as Christmas gifts. You do get better offers if you get certified. Silver certification is $15. Gold is about $99, but you really don't need that for a long time.
I second the mystery shopping idea. You have to keep good records, because you're considered an independent contractor, not an employee. But you can sign up for some "shops" (as they call the jobs) right away, with no certification. And you can fit it right into your own shopping. We all buy groceries and gas and many of us shop the discount stores or the malls, and there are fast food restaurants almost everywhere. Some shops don't even require you to buy anything. You just go in and act as though you're considering starting a bank account, sending your child to their nursery school, looking to move into the apartment complex, whatever.

It's not a lot of money, but it definitely can add up.