Thread: Janome 3160
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 AM
cmw0829

Hi, I just bought this as my class machine because it's lightweight - the machine alone is 12.5 lbs but then add the foot peddle, cord, accessory tray and hard cover and it's 16, but still easy to take to class. I think it would work just as well as a primary machine.

It operates very smoothly. Has a little trouble going over heavy seams but I wil try the O2 foot on it (redesigned 1/4" foot for the Horizon to help sewing heavy seams). I love the included extension table. Love the needle threader, needle up/down and the thread cutter.

There are two things that I don't care for. The lighting is very poor (knew it when I bought it) but you can add lighting. The other thing is that the needle position only moves in .5mm increments. I have the Horizon as well and, foolishly, assumed that the needle would move as minutely as the needle on the Horizon.

Despite the above, I don't think you'd go wrong.

Funny, I have a Viking 1+ that I replaced with the Horizon (and an embroidery machine). I'll be selling my 1+. I just wanted newer technology and more advanced embroidery functions. But I am feeling a little sad.

Good luck!