View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by bluteddi
I tend to hoard the free one vis PDF on my puter.... I try to save them in catogories that work with my blonde brain.
I never was a blonde (and there's snow on the rooftop now) but I think "blonde." So could you tell me how you categorize your patterns. I've got volumes of binders full of patterns. You see< when it comes to saving on the computer, I'm a total dunce. So I print and stack. Then I put them in binders. There is such madness to my "system."
Gosh, I guess the first thing I'd say is, if it were me, I'd go through your binders and, literally pitch the patterns you know you're not going to use in your lifetime....things that sounded good at the time but, on second survey, just aren't that spectacular. Then I'd put the things I wanted to save inside the loose leaf notebook inside of page protectors. I have stopped all my magazines except for one and when it comes in I read it and sometimes there's nothing in it I want to save so I get rid of it. I like the other members advice as to putting the things you no longer want in a basket at a garage sale and maybe just putting "FREE" on it. I personally don't like storing it in my computer because I don't constantly want to keep going to the computer for something but, that's just me.