Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Endless pattern stash! >

Endless pattern stash!

Endless pattern stash!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Does anyone have a surplus of patterns and not be able to find what you're looking for?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

No. (is my nose growing???)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Almost always I can find what I want if I come here or Google the pattern name. :) I quit trying to collect patterns I liked and use my internet resources:)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by erstan947
Almost always I can find what I want if I come here or Google the pattern name. :) I quit trying to collect patterns I liked and use my internet resources:)
me too.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:10 AM

I tend to hoard the free one vis PDF on my puter.... I try to save them in catogories that work with my blonde brain.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 AM

I'll tell you what I did several years ago. I purchased a large looseleaf notebook, a box of plastic page protectors from Sam's club and a pack of computer paper and I started going through each of my many boxes of patterns, how-to's as well as magazines that had something in them I just HAD to keep! And in the evenings, while watching TV, I started going through the items one by one and pitching those things I knew I would NEVER use. Then, at random, I started cutting out the things I knew I would use along with their instructions if any available and, using a glue stick to hold it to the background of computer paper, just barely tapped the back of each item just enough to hold it in place until I could insert it into a plastic protector. What I ended up with is something that resembles a magazine but full of just those things that appealed to me. Might even throw in a recipe or two. Sometimes I would even throw in a picture of a great room I'd like to duplicate some day. Well, long story short, over time, I now have 4 books of just fun things, 2 quilt books ( I looked through the magazines and maybe only really found one pattern I truly loved so cut it out along with the directions and pitched the book) and 2 for recipes. It works GREAT for me because in the evening now I have fun looking through them and, best of all, I not only am constantly inspired, I can actually FIND what I'm looking for!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
No. (is my nose growing???)
snicker, snicker ... nay, me neither

:)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 AM

Wonnie, I do the same thing! I only collect 2 subscriptions that my mom keeps up for me for my birthday and christmas. I put all magazines I've cut into in a free box at garage sales. They disappear fast.:)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Wonnie, I do the same thing! I only collect 2 subscriptions that my mom keeps up for me for my birthday and christmas. I put all magazines I've cut into in a free box at garage sales. They disappear fast.:)
Great idea! What's someone's trash is another persons treasure!
:thumbup:
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 AM

I find too much of what I am looking for and then can not decide! Soo much inspiration !
Now ask me to find a specific fabric in my stash that I just had my hands on last week... I have got to quit hiding stuff from myself.