View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 03:20 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by Moonglow
Thank you Ditter for asking. I can't believe how many of us are afflicted with this painful condition. It's been interesting to read all your thoughts and suggestions about this topic. I was formally diagnosed about 8 years ago but like many of you have probably had it for a lot longer than that. I had chronic fatigue syndrome in the early 1980's and my doctor feels it is linked to that as it's one of those lingering viruses (similar to glandular fever) that stay in your body and flare up when you get stressed etc. That probably explains why I have my good days and my not so good days. I am retiring from work this week so it's going to be interesting to see if my fibromyalgia improves once I leave my stressful job. I don't take any painkillers as nothing seems to work but I try to keep busy and try not to dwell on the pain. Quilting is very therapeutic. Best wishes to all.
The two CFS and Fibromyalgia seem to go together. . They (whoever they are) have decided CFS is a immune disease. In Britian from what I understand from reading about CFS they ask that people with it to NOT give blood. I really don't know sometimes which is worse. The fatigue or the pain from the fibro. Stress makes both worse. If I try to do anything like yard work it takes me a week to recover. I really don't know how people work with it. I can't make any plans because I don't know what days its(fatigue) going to hit so bad I can barely get out of bed. The pain I can mostly work around but not the fatigue.
I get a news letter about these two and every week it seems something else it popping up that works for someone else. I can't afford to keep changing trying to figure out if something works. Cymbalta was a horror for me. Actually cause audio hallucinations.And made me even more tired than I was already. All I did was sleep. They tried Neurotin which worked for a lot of people just made me feel awful. Caused chest pains and since I couldn't use that the doc didn't even try Lyrica since they are both gaba based. Good thing my DD's doc gave it to her for pain and it made her so loopy she couldn't function she had to stop and it didn't help the pain at all.
I am glad some can find relief with pills and such I just wish I could have my old life back. without the aneurysm surgeries without the fibro without the cfs the memory loss etc. I would settle for simple old age. LOL