Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 AM

Hello everyone,
I have had fibromyalgia for years. Fortunately I haven't had a bad flare up in a long time. Well I started feeling crappy a couple of days ago and now I feel like one giant toothache. I can only hope it won't last too long....I really don't feel like doing much of anything but I usually force myself to keep going. I know at least a few of you have mentioned having fibromyalgia...how do you cope during a flare up?

Ditter
Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 AM

I do! Usually I'm okay - but I've noticed that if things are bad at work, I'm pretty much done for.

The cold weather gets me too.

I've been trying the chiropractor (!) and he has put me on a "sugar control diet" to help with some of the symptoms...

idk if it's working...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM

I have the usual aches and pains, but this is something I am going to discuss with my Doctor on my next visit. I have been seeing an Orthopedic Doctor for a constant pain in my hip. He gave me 2 injections so far and neither have worked, 2 or 3 days later I am in pain once again. Both legs are in various degrees of pain at some time during the day. My neck is always in pain but that is from the disc fusion I had a few years ago.
Thanks Ditter for the subject, I will let you know what she says in March after our visit.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Hi Ditter, to ansewer your quistion I have had fibromyalgia for over fifteen years, I also have copd , and of course the back injury, and your right some days are great and some days are the worst life can bring, but Ive learned to puch through the tuff days and make myself continue doing what has to be done. The Doctor told me to stay active and this would help. I take motrion, and pain meds, and stay away from cold as much as I can, for some reason If I get cold I have more pain. Penny
Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I'm a massage therapist and treat many clients with Fibromyalgia. There are many things that really help and moist heat seems to be one of them. A lot of hot towels get used in my practice. However, we've found a clinic in Reno, NV that has some interesting and successful treatments for autoimmune disorders. Check it out at http://www.sierraintegrative.com/about.htm There are also clinics in Seattle and Connecticut (I think). What I tell my clients is to stretch slowly and breath deeply. Both Arnica gel and Sombra rub work wonders. Blessings.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

what are the symptoms of fibromyalgia? right from when you first notice something isnt right to when you flare up? exactly where does it hurt?
Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 PM

I don't have a definite diagnosis yet.
One doctor said it's fibromyalgia.
Another said I have Lupus and Sjongren's Syndrome.
All I know is today I am hurting quite a bit.
I think it's the weather.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:52 PM

I've had fibromyalgia for 16 years. After years of suffering and spending most of my time on the sofa, I finally broke down and started taking Lyrica two years ago. Well, within 3 days if felt relief! I have gained quite a bit of weight since starting it, but the benefits definitely outweigh the side effects. I still have an occasional flare up, but they're tolerable and short lived. I would recommend it to anyone!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blahel
what are the symptoms of fibromyalgia? right from when you first notice something isnt right to when you flare up? exactly where does it hurt?
It hurts every were, some times its a building pain and some times it hits you from left feild. the only way I can describe it is it is like you are running a high fever ,without the fever every thing in your intire body is in pain, It affects people diffrently,they will usalley send you to a romatalogy for test. I hope I've helped with your quistion. Penny
Old 02-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grammynan
I've had fibromyalgia for 16 years. After years of suffering and spending most of my time on the sofa, I finally broke down and started taking Lyrica two years ago. Well, within 3 days if felt relief! I have gained quite a bit of weight since starting it, but the benefits definitely outweigh the side effects. I still have an occasional flare up, but they're tolerable and short lived. I would recommend it to anyone!
That medacation is just to expensive with out insurance.