Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM

google it, and see what you think..they claim to cure autism and something also said about treat alchemizers..(spelling)
there are pros and cons on everything, what works for someone,may not work for others..I understand it is expensive also. but have no facts to back that up.

if my insuruance would cover chiroprators, i would go back to them, to help with the pain. I have decided to check into the vitamins to add to my meds.
Bev, do you quilt/sew?
i see you are new here..your first post. Welcome to the message board.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 PM

I Googled it and I have had that done. The acupuncturist didn't call it that, so it was just the terminology that threw me off. It did work for me. I used to be severely allergic to everything, including my DH. We worked on it for months, and tho I still have some allergies, I am over all much better. And can live with DH! LOL
Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honey
Does anyone ever get a really metallic taste in their mouth? It comes and goes. When I have it nothing will take it away.
Yes i get the metallic taste, and have had one hand that itches all the time, but I get other spots that itch to.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Banned

[quote=blahel]
Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by blahel
Originally Posted by I come to the sea to breathe
Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by blahel
what are the symptoms of fibromyalgia? right from when you first notice something isnt right to when you flare up? exactly where does it hurt?
My
dd dr. told her that crohns disease is also connected with fibro. i have had fibro. for many years, i use to think i kept getting the achy flu, but finally was told i had lupus, than fibro, even tho i test postive for lupus. my legs and hips are really painful, and i have started noticing that when i shake hands that sometimes it really hurts. good luck.
Yes the doc said that water excersize is much better for people with fibromyalgia. boy sure wish I could spell.
i too get very achy all over at times i take panadeine forte at night to sleep. My legs and feet are the worst but it isnt as painful as some of you seem to have it. It is just achy. I have mentioned it to the doctor but he didnt seem concerned. Does it hurt more when you walk or is it just achy?
My doctor kept treating me for diffrent things, then one day it felt like someone beat the bottom of my feet with a base ball bat, this lasted a couple wks I finley went in for it, she then poked me in diffrent spots and asked if that hurt, I told her only when you do that, thats when she sent me to the rumatolgist. I was clueless as what was goning on. so with treating aches pains migranes, depression, these are all things related to fibromyalgia. I've probley have had it for 25yrs.
just been reading everyones posts..the memory loss..thats me too...my soles of my feet some days feel like yours like they have been beaten and I hobble around..but my pain is still manageable most days without drugs. I was going to the gym about 2 years ago and was doing hard work outs and after a while I couldnt get to sleep at night as I was so achey..it wasnt muscle soreness so now I dont do work outs as the pain isnt worth it. I tried to go back but the pain returned so i have just started bikeriding and swimming again but only for 20 - 30 mins to lose weight so lets hope I can still do that. its great to talk to people and realise that others are in a similar situation because you just feel like a hypochondriac at times....
Old 02-24-2010, 03:40 PM

Oh Nellie,
How do you do it? I hope you have family to help out when you are both down. So often when I have a flare up, I'm not sure for a while if I am getting the flu or a cold. After several days I can tell the difference. If my husband were to be down at the same time, it would be harder for us both..(more for me probably). I hate to hear a grown man whine...
I have been so fortunate that my dh is strong and in relatively good health. He works out at the gym several times a week and that has helped him a lot. I wish I could do that but some days walking to the mailbox is exhausting!
Not a good situation to be in. when I was working,I had home health clients in similar situations.It was tough sometimes.
This just proves to me, there really is always someone in a worse situation then we are. My heart goes out to you. I am sure you have both had to develop a lot of coping skills over the years.

I wish you a good nights sleep,

Ditter
Old 02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sassey
I to have fibro and have been reading all the threads the only thing I have to add is I was tought to prop under my upperarms with pillows on both sides, a pillow or 2 under my knees, as you all know if you don't get the sleep you only get worse. I used to take all the drugs but being in final stages of congestive heart failure and my other medical conditions I had to stop talking most of the medicine however I take pain meds 3 or 4 times a day on bad days, always take a muscle relaxer to help sleep and paxill for depression. my hands are getting very bad fingers just ache for no reason my back has never quit hurting not once but then I also have degernitive back disease Dr wants to operate but I wouldn't go for that. Now it is to late. I certainly know how miserable you can be, one thing I learned from this thread is the iching could never find out why I have one spot that continully itches. I am diabetic but have no naropothy sure am lucky about that. Memory thing is so scarry to me as I have those problems but I also have a mom with dementia so am scared it could be that
I have many days every month I cannot do anything because of fibro or heart problems.
I am so sorry about your congestive heart failure, please keep us posted on how your doing. my prayers go out to you. Penny
Old 02-24-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Oh Nellie,
How do you do it? I hope you have family to help out when you are both down. So often when I have a flare up, I'm not sure for a while if I am getting the flu or a cold. After several days I can tell the difference. If my husband were to be down at the same time, it would be harder for us both..(more for me probably). I hate to hear a grown man whine...
I have been so fortunate that my dh is strong and in relatively good health. He works out at the gym several times a week and that has helped him a lot. I wish I could do that but some days walking to the mailbox is exhausting!
Not a good situation to be in. when I was working,I had home health clients in similar situations.It was tough sometimes.
This just proves to me, there really is always someone in a worse situation then we are. My heart goes out to you. I am sure you have both had to develop a lot of coping skills over the years.

I wish you a good nights sleep,

Ditter
I have that too. I feel like I'm getting a cold and after a few days and nothing developes, I realize it's the FMS
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 PM

i suggest some of you google the names of your meds i reconize some of them as friends that are in the mental health system as antidepresents and antipsycotic meds doc often think your pain is all in your head plese sicuss what meds your doctors are perscribing what it is for and what the side effects might be it is important to know all this or docs can take advantage of the situation you can also read your medical file and see exactly what the doctor is saying i had that experance with one of the workcomp doctors also check with a workcomp attorney of your fibro started up from stress at work you copuld be entitled to workmens comp payment just an idea a freind get workcomp for hers and another friend gets full dissability from the military for her fibro becase it started when she was in the service please check into this stuff
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Lord I think am glad that I found this topic. For 8-10 years my neck, shoulders & arms just burn like fire at times. They stay sore all of the time as if I had worked out. I also suffer from migraines and pain in my legs & hips at night. Am on meds for the migrianes and take flexeril 2X a day & Clonazapam at bedtime. In the middle of my back I have a certain spot that has itched for a couple of yrs yet there is no spot or anything there. My hands arms & wrists, knees & ankles also throb like crazy and I just hurt like the dickens when we are in for a weather change. I have 0 energy and am on an antidepressant. Many days I hurt all over & would love to just stay in bed except that it hurts to lie there. Is this what Fibro. feels like? I am going for a Drs. appt. in March and will def. talk to her about all of this but before now, I have felt like she would think I was just nuts. And some days my memory is just flat gone. Other days it is there in full force. This is a scary feeling people! Very scary! Until now, I have not said a word to anyone about my feelings for fear of what they might think.
this is exactly what it feels like and more, and do talk to your Doc, and tell her you think you have fibromyagia, don't let her brush your problems aside. be strong. Penny
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM

Yes some of the meds are for depression and such. We know this but we also have to cope with depression and panic attacks as they are triggered by fibro.