Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grammo013
I was finally diagnoised three years ago, after being told I had everthing and nothing for more than 20 years.

The itching is not confined to one spot. But when it itches it is impossible to stop.

Having a flare up this week caused by having cataract surgery. So guess the next three weeks will be bad before they get my other eye done. I am in pain all the time. They have me on cymbalta, effexor cr, and ms contin and i do fell better than I have in years.

Nothing helps the sleep problem. Exausted all the time but still cannot sleep most nights. The memory is the worst. I can forget the simplist of things yet I know that I know them. About an hour later I remember.

Shoes make my feet hurt, socks are a nono. Wear cotten clothes so that if I sweat it doesn't stay on body and make me itch.

Allergic to almost all meds (especially lyrica). Have joined curves to try to get some exercise. Bought a new bike and thqt didn't work at all. to tired to hold it up, legs hurt worst then ever.

People do not understand because we look normal. I just do what needs to be done as I am able to. Limit things to a 15 min period and usually make it doe 10 min. But I am breathing and I Thank God for that everyday all day.

Linda D MI
My Doc put me on trazadone for sleep, I take up to 300mg at bed time, this works most of the time, but there are still times my husband gets up to go to work and ask what am I still doing up, sometime the man frustrates me to no end, you think after being married 28 yrs he wouldent have to ask.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 PM

What a bunch we are?! I have had fibro for years now. A difficult delivery did it for me. I have scoliosis, a deformed hip, spinal stenosis, headaches including migraines, sensitivity to odors especially perfumes, memory loss, insomnia, terrible tinnitus, tmj, short & tight Achilles tendons, and now have a mild to moderate hearing loss. Wow! I'm a mess! Lol. When I have a flair, I use that time to pray and study The Bible. My family is the best. They have stepped up and do so much around the house so that I can use my energy to teach 2 women's Bible studies and help my mom who is legally blind, hearing impaired and diabetic. Knowing we are not alone is so important. Thanks everyone, for sharing.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 AM

Heard that about the skin burning, This past july I spent four days laying in bed with nothing on but air couldn't stand clothes and had to put pillows all around to keepsheet from touching my skin. Blessings on me ( and all of you) that I haven't had one that bad since. Have since changed Dr.'s the last one was a quack in the dictionary based since . My new one basically started over checking all past tests and re running them if needed, at this point I seam to have no ability to maintain potassium in my system. Have gone from 18 different medications daily (how I hate taking pills) to eleven and at present we are working on geting me off two more slowly isweaning. I think the worst thing for me is the extra senitivity to the sun I burn really easily and the itching is terrrrible. But its not like any of us can just lay down and give up cause that would just make us quitters and I have not recieved the impression that anyone of you are going to give up soon and my DH says he hasn't meet anyone more pigheaded than I am
Old 02-24-2010, 12:46 AM

I just love my rice socks, I used some of my sons gym socks(new), and sewed sections so that the rice doesn't pool all in one end. I also took a vest apart and sewed one out of double layers of flannel , sewing pockets into it to keep rice in certain areas kinda large to fit in microwave but it does fit heat it up and then sit in front of computer at 2.44 a.m. reading and writing , researching ways mostly to sleep for more than 3 hours at one time.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:52 AM

my smell is bleach and up to now it was the only thing I used to clean my whole house and one days I almost passed out smelling it cleaning the bathroom, and for all my trouble I got a diagonsis of COPD on top of all other blessings.
Originally Posted by Charity Quilter
Has anyone had "chemical sensitivities"? This is the strangest of all my fibro problems. Months ago I had a really nasty smell of smoke in my nose for about six weeks. It literally smelt like I was in the middle of a fire inhaling the smoke. We know that not to be the case. That finally went away and then I lost my sense of smell totally. I can't smell for nothing...unless it is a perfume, bleach, chemical or something like that.... and then I smell it "loud and clear", but it's a revolting smell. It is very hard to explain, unless you've gone through it yourself to understand.

I had no idea so many people suffered from this condition. We need to keep each other uplifted in prayer and encourage each other to be strong through all of the pain.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 AM

check for herbs that will help, and cheaper than drugs and better for your body.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 AM

I found that malic acid is amazing. It is the acid found in apples. You can get it at GNC or Vitamin World for about $8 a bottle. One tablet morning and night. There are no adverse effects, no problem mixing it with other meds AND you will know within 24 hours if it will work for you! It is the difference between getting out if bed or not for me. Hope it helps some of you. Blessings to all.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 AM

Hello Honey,
Such a blessing to me to see you speak out for alternative Medicine. I am 110% for it. Saliva and blood test will tell a lot if the DR is trained in what to look for. V-D is a huge thing for the health of your body. Fror bones and muscels. And a lot of people are lacking in the right amounts of minerals.
You are so blessed to find a DR who thinks outside the box too.
I had 2 breast cancers in one breast and then later a melonma on my foot. All was healed all with diet changes and herbs.
The Dr said just cut the boob off, what my husband said. If you have a head ache you just cut your head off? No you figure out why you have the head ache. Well you figure out why you have cancer that is growing in your body. Everyone has cancer cells, just some do not grow. I could go on but said enough. Just want to thank you for your post. I go to the reg Dr then call my alternative Dr and ask what I need to do. We do need reg DR's to set bone's etc but most push to many pills and then the side effects are worse than the symtom that you had to begin with. I hear all the side effects and no way? I know there are some that do help, I'd just rather not take the chance. Blessings to you.
ConnieF
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Hello everyone,
I have had fibromyalgia for years. Fortunately I haven't had a bad flare up in a long time. Well I started feeling crappy a couple of days ago and now I feel like one giant toothache. I can only hope it won't last too long....I really don't feel like doing much of anything but I usually force myself to keep going. I know at least a few of you have mentioned having fibromyalgia...how do you cope during a flare up?

Ditter
I feel for you. I have Fibromyalgia and am in the "joy" of a major flare-up right now. I can withstand the pain but the fibro fog that comes with it makes me have to put my quilting on hold for awhile. I read the directions, turn around and totally forget what I just read

: :evil:
Old 02-24-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Lord I think am glad that I found this topic. For 8-10 years my neck, shoulders & arms just burn like fire at times. They stay sore all of the time as if I had worked out. I also suffer from migraines and pain in my legs & hips at night. Am on meds for the migrianes and take flexeril 2X a day & Clonazapam at bedtime. In the middle of my back I have a certain spot that has itched for a couple of yrs yet there is no spot or anything there. My hands arms & wrists, knees & ankles also throb like crazy and I just hurt like the dickens when we are in for a weather change. I have 0 energy and am on an antidepressant. Many days I hurt all over & would love to just stay in bed except that it hurts to lie there. Is this what Fibro. feels like? I am going for a Drs. appt. in March and will def. talk to her about all of this but before now, I have felt like she would think I was just nuts. And some days my memory is just flat gone. Other days it is there in full force. This is a scary feeling people! Very scary! Until now, I have not said a word to anyone about my feelings for fear of what they might think.
Talk to your dr and tell her how you are feeling, and that you want her to check you for FMS, because it sounds like it to me. A classic case.