View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Pam,

I had no idea you were going though such a hard time in your life. Bless your heart. It sounds as though you are all supporting each other, and that is great.

I love the story behind this quilt. You did a great job all the way around on it. Let us know what his reaction is. He is going to be floored that you put so much thought and time into something for him.
Brought tears to my eyes to read that. My father passed away fairly suddenly on December 29th from an abdominal aneurism. My mother died 9 years ago. I got to the hospital right before he died and held him and kissed him and told him I loved him.

I am grateful that he came to my house for Christmas and all my kids and grandkids were there. I have a picture of him smiling with the two grandkids on his lap. I know he missed my mother so much, they were married for 50 years. He was still living in the house we all grew up in but his eye sight was going and he couldn't drive anymore. He refused surgery that had a 50/50 chance of repairing the aneurism. I know it was his choice but it hurts so bad still.

Your story brought tears to my eyes, too. I'm so glad you were able to say goodbye to him. You'll always be glad about that. Sounds like you and your brother are close - both emotionally and geographically. That's wonderful. He will LOVE the quilt and the message on the back.