Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Linda King

I am a beginner, my first quilt was a pinwheel, I totally agree with everyone, I was excited to do it on my own, but frustration set in, I was ready to quit, but thank God for the web cam, my younger sister is a quilter and she helped me through the web cam. That was 3 years ago, and I just finished it yesterday, it was a lap quilt, with plain color backing, everytime I tried to quilt the top, I had problems, so I did it another way to finish it and still had problems, as my batting stretched as I sewed it together. Now that it is finished, I found errors as I have done 2 quilts since then and they were the quilt as you go technique with the help of friends. Now I am going to do a scrap quilt. Its easily frustrating when you are learning, but I am sure you joined the right group, everyone here has some experience, and others here are very experienced. when you need help, we are all here to help you. A printed backing helps especially when your a beginner. Good Luck in your quiit makiing. Keep us informed, if you need help, just ask. Best of Luck!!!
Linda King