Old 05-21-2011, 04:56 PM
SewExtremeSeams

I found mine on craigslist about 2 years ago now. We had to travel about 3 hours north of us, so we made a day trip of it. Met a wonderful couple, spent the day of them showing us around their beautifully crafted home in the woods with an exquisitely designed wood interior. We made the trip again the next week to take the gentleman up on his offer to my DH to sell some beautiful knarlly wood and I bought 2 of the woman's 6 hand crank sewing machines. So, I have wonderful memories of how I acquired my much loved Featherweight. I paid $250. It came with carrying case; lots of attachments, the original little oil can and she gave me the revised book on FWs mentioned by a previous poster on page 1. Haven't named her yet.

Carted her over to my grandson's home and taught him how to sew on her. He was 4 when we started. He loves her the best of all of my machines!

In fact, I need to get off the board right now and go tend to a slight problem she is having. She purrs so quietly and nicely when she is sewing. :-D