View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
sawsan

Originally Posted by Rose_P
Originally Posted by Jan in VA
By any stretch of my imagination, this one makes NO sense to me! Except as a hypnotherapist, I can see it being what we call 'waking hypnosis', or power of suggestion.

Can hardly wait to read any further comments on the reasons this seems to work! :?

Jan in VA
I know one way to test that, though of course the absence of symptoms doesn't prove what made them go away. My husband gets cramps, and if I put the soap near the foot of the bed without mentioning this to him (and if he does not notice the lump and ask questions) it would remove the "hypnosis" possibility. I'll get back in a few months with a report. I think what I'll do is cut the soap thin and put it in a cheesecloth bag under the sheet. I don't think there's much risk he'd change the sheets if I don't ask for his help.

This is one of those ideas that is so flaky that it's hard to imagine anyone would have ever come up with it without some reasonable theory, but stranger things have happened.
Person who has cramps must not know there is a soap under his legs??????????? sh shsh ?????