Thread: strange email
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
I just got a strange email to my regular address; from Harriet Carpanini. Saying they were on vacation and were mugged and need money to pay their hotel bills and such. Has anyone else gotten this? I don't know how she would have gotten my address.
OMG. It is definitely a scam. I ran into that last summer with a desperate sounding email supposedly from my newest dearest friend. I won't go into all of the details but I caught it in time & was able to save my $. The person in London was red hot angry when he tried to pick up the $ at Western Union but found I had cancelled it. Boy, was he angry. I emailed him back & told him I had turned over all of his emails to the FBI & they were looking into it. Of course I didn't but had to try to scare him a bit.

For a smart girl, I sure fell for this thinking my friend was in trouble. I think I was at a very vulnerable time of my life & wanted to help my friend. This scammer had cracked into my friend's acct. & had done the same thing to sev. of her friends.

I'm really embarrassed that I went so far. I'm usually smarter than that.