Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Jill

Years ago my young nephew had a cat named Precious. My sister and her family went on vacation and it was responsibility to feed Precious and let her in and out. I was 18 at the time and didn't want to be bothered with Precious on one Friday night and I didn't bother putting her back inside. The next morning one of the neighbors (we all lived within the same city block) called to say that Precious had been hit by a car and was lying near the curb. I rushed to see her and she was still breathing. I called and got her into the local vet and he worked on her but she was too far gone so he put her to sleep. My boyfriend and I put her in a box and took her out to a state park and buried her in a beautiful spot overlooking the lake and walking trails. I dreaded telling my nephew about her death, and especially since I had neglected her. But I shouldn't have worried because later that day when I went to take care of the mail at my sister's, Precious was sitting at the back door waiting to be fed......We never knew whose cat we buried, but she received good (and expensive) care from the vet and a very nice funeral and burial.