Old 06-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Boni53

I do not have a cat story, but a dog story. I also believe in positive thinking and PRAYER. On May 1st, 2010(Saturday) someone picked up our basset hound, because she wouldn't get out of the road(rural). She was gone. No trace, nothing. Since we live in a rural area and have a local radio station I put out a lost and found. On Thursday night, I received a phone call from someone who had been at the Heart Of Virginia Festival in Farmville. My dog was there. She has 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye. When I went to work on Friday, I called everyone whom I knew that had anything to do with that festival. About an hour later, I received a call from someone in Winchester(4 hours away). She had my dog. Then proceeded to tell me I owed her $450. She had taken the dog to the vet for a check up. Yes she did spend $430 at vet, plus new collar and lesh. I then called our animal control warden who did some checking into the matter. We were instructed not to pay the money, but to call the police when we got to Charlottesville. The policeman said he couldn't pick up the dog and had no animal control person on duty. I then asked the police officer what if they won't give back the dog if we don't pay the $450. He told me to call him then because they were holding the dog for ransom. Happy ending. We only had to drive 2 hours to pick her up. She was at UVA with the ladies daughter. Very sweet girl. The only thing I can say is that we serve an AWESOME GOD!!!!
Will say prayer for your kittie to come home.