Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
alpha39

Our inside cat, Ivana w/no front claws got out when my grandson came to feed the animals during our vacation about 5 yrs ago. He didn't know she got out until the next morning when she wasn't there when he went to feed again. He was so scared for her & himself Ha! that he didn't tell us for several days. It was summer & blistering hot (Texas) & we live in an urban neighborhood about a block from a major road & also woods & creek at the end of our street. After a worrisome 2 days before we could get home I immediately started walking the perimenter of the house calling her name to no avail. I went inside to take a shower & went out again calling her & all of a sudden I heard a big clamor next door & the neighbor calling his dog to stop. I yelled to him to see if Copper was after a cat & he said, yes, a big grey & white one. I ran to the back yard & there she was sitting on the ledge between the spa & swimming pool scared to death. The dog had gotten hold of her a little, but did not do any major damage (checked by the vet in AM) thank goodness. Turns out that they had been away also & the pet sitter told him Copper had been barking & sniffing around the raised deck at the edge of the pool when she took him out. I think the reason Ivana had not met a worse fate was that she had hidden out in their yard & deck all that time & started to come out when she heard me calling her. I brought her home & she was one scared & tired kitty, but otherwise alright. She is still a wonderful cat & we still have to watch her everytime she is around when we open the door! Good luck & I will pray yours returns.