Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 AM
KathyKat

I have 2 stories. My black and white left our new house and didn't return for 6 weeks. This was about 18 yrs ago. We called the people who bought our old house to notify them if she tried to come back there and to give them our phone#. All they said was " I hope she doesn't disturb our dogs".??? Our old house was about 12miles away and she returned 6 wks later. She never told us where she went but she was thinner.
Then a few years later she went missing again on a Wed evening. We notified the shelter, neighbors and the radio station. I was heartbroken. Then on Sunday I was outside calling her again and I heard a little "meow". I looked around and saw her in the neighbors garage window. The neighbor was a long distance driver and had left for a 3 week job. I got a key for the garage from a neighbor and the cat came sauntering out as if it had been a nice 4 day vacation!
So keep the faith and I hope your cat returns real soon. BTW I got my black and white from the Humane Society when she was 5 months and she lived for 22 years. She died in my arms just 2 years ago.