Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 PM
deplaylady

Well, the shop called yesterday to say my Featherweight was ready, so I went to pick her up. It also happened to be the day after my DD brought her baby home from the hospital AND my other DD was visiting with my other GD and MIL and FIL was visiting, so I made a very short trip to pick it up. Long and short - bill was $88. It says it was a complete tune-up, with replacing the bulb and the belt. 1 year warranty. They said they would polish it (not done)and they belt they put on it was a red one. So 5 weeks after I dropped it off, I have my FW back, I could have replaced the bulb myself, may still replace the belt (they gave me the old one - looked fine to me - but what do I know). I asked about oil and lube - they said any lightweight machine oil and sold me some of the one they used. I still don't know if they lubed the motor and I need to do my 99. Is the Singer lube they sell at JoAnn fabrics the same lube or is that something different? I'll post pictures of my FW when I can polish her up a little more and I can rest up a bit. She does sew nice, but its been a really bad experience. On the other hand - my new baby granddaughter is adorable!

My GDs - worth more than all my machines put together!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210494[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-210488.jpe