View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Mary M

I so agree with you that giving a quilt to someoneyou know is having a bad day or bad times is very rerwarding. I can do quilts for charities but I love to see the look in someone eyes that has little and really trteasures our quilts. I want to find out from th cancer center if I can bring some to the chemo treatment areas where someone may feel cold or chilled. Since I have been treated, I know what it is like to sit for several hours getting the chemo. Most anything would have been appreciated to break the monotamy of the treatment. Mary

Originally Posted by MYWR
put them over the couch, or at the end of a bed. One of the best thing I ever did - was send a quilt with no home - that I really liked to a friend of mine who i hadn't seen for a while. . . just becasue. she called and was crying - she is a single mom - and said this was the first thing she had ever gotten that didn't show up on a creidt card bill - It was a different type of feling - not like when you make something for charity and give it to someone who you don't know. This wil be a cherished memory for both of us. And - . . . I just did it !