Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do with finished quilts? >

What do you do with finished quilts?

What do you do with finished quilts?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 AM

... when you made them "just because"?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM

good question, some I give as gifts, some to charity, some I hoard because I'm just not ready to part with them. They are somewhat like my "children". I have to let them get old enough to move away from home. lol
Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 AM

Throw it over the back of the couch. It will find a home soon enough, even if its home stays within my own, one of the kids or the husband will state claim to it. You will notice it is missing every now and then only to find that sooner or later it is no longer in the living room it is hid out in a bedroom somwhere! They also grow legs and walk out the door with friends (always with permission)!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 AM

put them over the couch, or at the end of a bed. One of the best thing I ever did - was send a quilt with no home - that I really liked to a friend of mine who i hadn't seen for a while. . . just becasue. she called and was crying - she is a single mom - and said this was the first thing she had ever gotten that didn't show up on a creidt card bill - It was a different type of feling - not like when you make something for charity and give it to someone who you don't know. This wil be a cherished memory for both of us. And - . . . I just did it !
Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I dont have any trouble finding a home for them. Is there any charity's places near you that you can donate them too?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM

I agree with justwannaquilt, mine seem to find themselves a home, there is even one floating around here that never got the binding on it yet, and it's over a year old! I think it was last seen in my daugheters room....................
Old 06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

I give them as a gifts or auction. I like having a pile of quilts, you never no when you need a gift in a hurry.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM

keep them, stare at them, display them, admire them, put them in the closet and get other ones out...I love my quilts
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

I donate mine to the local police department. They have used them in exam rooms for victims, people there be questioned about events, accident victims. They tell me there are so many uses. Many times people are there due to traumatic issues and it will be on the back of a chair and they'll just pick it up and start covering with it. They also gave two to a deputy last year after her home burned down so she'd have for her and son's new beds.

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
... when you made them "just because"?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:23 AM

I quite often dontate them to charities.

FREE Quilting Newsletter