Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do with finished quilts? >

What do you do with finished quilts?

What do you do with finished quilts?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM

I agree with BeckyL totally. My kids laugh at me, but I have to let my quilts "grow up" before letting them go home with someone else. I made four log cabin quilts late last year for my four kids, they are still here, waiting for me to say they could go...............LOL.......... is that weird or not???
Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 PM

I donate mine, womens shelters, sick kids, veterans, whatever you heart tells you, they love having them. When people lose their belongings in fires, they also appreciate them
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM

Someone in the family usually says "I love that" so I put their name on it. A week or two ago I divvyed them all up between kids and grandkids.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:36 PM

Right now, I have a list to make for cause

Two baby girl quilts
One for my Mama (something with lavanders and green)
Patriot one for my hubby and me
guitar quilt for a friend who has played for years
Happy Kitty for a dear friend who loves the little cat
A panel quilt for another friend

Since I still work full time will be a while before I have extras to worry about.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BeckyL
good question, some I give as gifts, some to charity, some I hoard because I'm just not ready to part with them. They are somewhat like my "children". I have to let them get old enough to move away from home. lol
exactly what I do, too. or they have to get old enough to tell me what to do with them!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

I give them all to family and friends. Also have a trunk full.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 PM

I had 5 tops I'd made "just because" back in January. Had them draped over the backs of dining chairs and really liked the look. They all ended up finished and gone in the same week. I miss them! So I'm making more to take their place. :)
Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 PM

If they weren't specifically made for someone, then I keep them until I can find a home for them. Trouble is, there's never much accumulated waiting for a home. LOL
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 PM

I have them around the house too - backs of sofas, on beds etc. I also give some away, but I'm fussy who I give them to! Want them to go to good homes! ie people who like quilts and will use them. That seems to be everyone I know at the moment, because I keep getting asked "what are you working on now - can I have a look". I haven't donated any to charity, although I have thought about this, just haven't done it yet.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Power Poster

I also have mine decorating my country style home. I have them everywhere,couch,tables,walls and beds. A few are decorating my daughters home to. I havent made enough yet to donate by myself but I belong to a small group that makes them for charity.

FREE Quilting Newsletter