View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
cabinfever

Originally Posted by ube quilting
I love the idea. The only problems I can think of are moving it, very heavy, and having a level platform to put it on for sewing by the stream. Oh! And bugs! AAAAAAAAAA! peace :D
Pipe dream: after your friends build you a permanent screened summer house by the stream, feed them real well!
After reading all the posts so far...I think this last "Pipe dream" is THE best! Are funds too strapped to put up a small screened platform? It would be great to sleep in as well, down by the stream. Just a few images here from the web for a simple shelter. If you used a metal roof, the underside white, it would reflect more light. Most of these are just simple platforms with post structures, and screen attached after the fact. Best to put a kickboard in the bottom 6" to 10" high though, as otherwise people tend to accidentally kick-out the screen.

I would make a cover for a machine in case of rain anyway; and as others have said, something to absorb moisture underneath, to prevent rust.

I have followed Jenny @ sew-classic for a long time, and loved this idea to convert a little Singer 99 to hand-crank & back to electric for sewing outdoors. Read here: http://blog.sew-classic.com/2009/05/...ack-again.aspx

Sounds like a dream come true, just set up the hammock for a mid-day nap & I'm all set to join you!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211981.jpe