View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Dotha

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
I'm not going this year but we have enjoyed it the few times we've been. Although the last time it was 104*F & we were searching for the shade to rest in. If you can, take a cooler with your own refreshments & even cool food. There's like 10,000 people in this one little town & the hwy runs right through it, so you get logging trucks etc. crawling along amongst the crowds. Have a great time, it's really an exciting time.
Hot and crowded...that is for sure.. that is the reason that I have not been in quite awhile even though I live close. For that last few years, so I have been told, they have routed the trucks and traffic around the main street which helps a bunch. Estimates have run up to 12,000 in years past but it may be down with the economy the way it is.

Helpful hint....if you want to shop in the Stitchin' Post, go the day before or the day after or even several days before or after. The day of the show is so packed that you can hardly move in there. I would not want to work in that shop on that day but I do miss working the quilt show week in another Central Oregon shop. Did anyone ever go to Prairie Girls Quilt Shop in Prineville? I worked there for five years and at Hatfield's Department Store for 13 years before that (in their quilt shop department).