Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show >

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 PM

Is anyone on the board going to attend the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show on the second Saturday in July. Jean Wells Keenan started this 30+ years ago and they display about 1000 quilts outdoors in the picturesque little town of Sisters Oregon. There will be classes/lectures/tours and a picnic throughout the preceding week of the quilt show. I am not affiliated in any way (I have not even attended it in six or seven years) but just wondering if anyone here is going. It is only about 60 miles from where I live. The Stitchin' Post is the quilt shop located in Sisters, as well as there are three shops in nearby Bend.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:37 PM

In the title, I should not have put the an apostrophe in the name of the town of Sisters. opps, don't know how to edit the title.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

I used to see their booth in Paducah and loved it!! Sounds like a fun time. Would love to go but it's a bit far :)
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM

Yes, my dd and are are going. Last year my dh and I got there late in the day, and saw some quilts. We didn't know the quilt show was even going on. This year we are spending Friday night in Lapine and getting to Sisters early. Where do you live?

Karen
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM

I'd be there if I could, I only live 20 miles away, but Julie (she is the other person in the office) decided that would be the best day for her wedding, so I'd have no one to cover for me... guess I won't be going this year.

BTW...my sister lives in Sisters, and is renting her guest house for the week if anyone is interested...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 PM

how many does her guest house sleep? and about how much does it cost? and does she rent it at other times? my dh loves to go to sisters.

Karen
Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 PM

I'm going with my sister from CT. It is her first time going to a quilt show of this size and she is very excited. This is my second trip to Sisters Show. Had to be more than 10 years ago since my first trip with 3 quilter friends. I am excited to be going with my sister who is a fairly new quilter. It's a road trip for us so we plan to make a lot of stops from Napa Valley to Sisters and on to Kennewick, WA and then over to Portland, back through Grants Pass and Medford before heading back home. I hope to find lots of treasures as we are avid thrift store shoppers as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
I'm going with my sister from CT. It is her first time going to a quilt show of this size and she is very excited. This is my second trip to Sisters Show. Had to be more than 10 years ago since my first trip with 3 quilter friends. I am excited to be going with my sister who is a fairly new quilter. It's a road trip for us so we plan to make a lot of stops from Napa Valley to Sisters and on to Kennewick, WA and then over to Portland, back through Grants Pass and Medford before heading back home. I hope to find lots of treasures as we are avid thrift store shoppers as well.
What is bringing you up to Kennewick? :-D

Charlee, I would be interested to know your sister's contact info also. We do hit Sisters now and then. :-D
Old 06-20-2011, 09:19 PM

If you'll send me a PM, I'll give you her phone number...

The guest house sleeps at least 4...she can give you more details...just tell her you're a friend of mine! ;)
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Went to the Sisters Quilt Show 3 years ago with my Auntie and was there for three days from California our trip lasted 5 days including travel. It was the BEST; and everyone was so helpful(auntie in wheelchair) I would roll auntie into a shop and she would move around and I would shop and then we'd go to another shop. What a treat for both of us.