Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
Originally Posted by Lucio
If you really want to have your heart broken after the purchase of this machine go to Carolina Patchworks.com and read the mile long blog about this sorry piece of junk. After reading on this board that there 6 factory fixes on this machine I called my dealer who said they had never had any complaints on this machine and was completely unaware of any factory authorized fixes. They did tell me to put the machine through all of it's paces and that they would work with me on the problems.
Actually, reading the Carolina Patchwork blog about the QE4 didn't get my heart broken but my hopes up that I might be able to fix my problems. Many thanks for leading me to this site! There are some great tips and tricks to be found. I will read through the whole page and copy/paste anything that might come in handy and try it out.
I am so glad to hear you say that! All machines can have problems, much the same as you might experience with a car. Yes, you can get a lemon in a car or a sewing machine, but it is rare when you consider the number of machines sold.

Pfaff makes a great machine. Yes, it is plastic and isn't (presumably) as durable as the older machines. But you will find the same thing with Singer, Viking, all of them. I have 7 machines. Some of them are very picky about the thread they use. My Bernina is the worst one for selecting thread. Lint is terrible sometimes. But often I find that changing the needle solves the lint problem quicker than buying new thread. Cheaper too.

I don't service my machines as often as recommended and have very few problems with them. But when I start having a problem, in it goes for service.

We all have to find the balance that makes our machines work for us. Usually that involves working with the dealer or a very knowledgeable service repairman. I wish you good luck in finding your balance. You have purchased a great machine and I am sure Pfaff will stand by it.