Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 AM
redpurselady

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by FWDesigns
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Do you find you use the book as well and if so what is crucial to have both?
Sharon, I personally use both of them. The DVD is great but sometimes I just like to see something in writing.
Thanks for your answering back :) I will have to save to get them both!! I would certainly like to be able to tinker with my two and get them running the best they can :) One needs a tension fix... the actual tension knob!
That book helped me to get my Daisy all pretty again. It would have saved me the $88 I paid to the shop just to have them 'service it', which amounted to replacing a belt and the light bulb. Never again! The book was fantastic - I can't believe I actually took the motor off my FW, took the finish down to the paint, patched up paint where it was needed, refinished and put it back together (and it runs!) My husband was even impressed with how good the book was. From now on out, I'll be just using it to keep her humming! (And away from the shop!)

To answer the other question about the final finish - I am going to be rechecking Billy's tuts on refinishing old machines to refresh my mind on what I need to get - I think its carnuba.
I asked Billy - he said to use pure carnuba and not to use anything like a cleaner wax because it will take off the decals.