Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 AM
PunkQuilter

I have been an avid proponent of the 301's and have accumulated 8 of them. I had seen a fw that someone had in a class I took and didn't really think too much of it. I did take the time to read and learn about them, especially since they are closely related and many parts work on either model. In my travels, I paid attention to look for them. You know how you can walk into a shop or yard sale and the vintage machines just leap into vision. I did post this story before, but I got my featherweight at the curb. I saw the case, I thought, and drove a bit further down the road (I live waaayy out in the country) so I could turn around safely. I drove back there (trying not to do 90 mph), and a man was putting more 'junk' out to the curb. Well I asked him about it and he said it doesn't work and hadn't been used for years and belonged to his aunt that passed away. Well I said even though it doesn't work I'd like to tinker with it. He said take it it was junk. The workings needed a good cleaning, oiling and greasing. I had it sewing withing minutes. It's not perfect, or pristine...no showroom finish on this girl-just like me. When she started to sew I promised her that from now on she would be cared for, used and appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220630.jpe