View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:36 AM
MollieSue

You Go Girl!!!
I am a smoker too, and recently tried to quit again. I had tried the chantrix about a year ago, and quit using it because of all the really weird dreams. A month or two ago, my state offered free gum or losenges, if you particpated in stop smoking phone counseling sessions. I was down to about one an hour or more, then hubby lost his job, it all went out the window. He got another job in just 3 days, but I still haven't gone back to the quitting mentality. I have the losenges, still sitting in the cupboard, the counselor told me I couldn't use them until I quit.
I wish I didn't smoke. None of our kids do, so I am always going outside to have one. My husband doesn't smoke, but it doesn't bother him. And it seems like such a stupid habit to me, not to mention I really can't afford it.
When I was talking with the phone counselor, and cutting back, I did feel so proud of myself, feeling as though I could do it. My husband was telling everyone how proud of me he was. He hasn't smoked for about 20 years.
I just have to get myself back to that wanting to quit now.
Blaze the trail, and I'll try to get back on my horse and follow! :D