View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
rebeccai

I've been doing a lot of thinking and wishing lately. My husband and I have lived in an apartment for almost 10 years!! That is a lot of money down the drain. I remember when we first got married he was excited about saving money to purchase our first home. But I feel he has gotten too comfortable with us living here because he no longer talks about us looking into purchasing a house. We are both in our early 30's with no children. Unfortunately, after trying for almost 3-1/2 years I miscarried our first child last Nov. :cry: We have a wonderful marriage, great careers, good credit, and live about 1-1/2 from our hometown. However, every time I mention that we should look into purchasing a house, he gets frustrated with me and tells me he is too busy with work right now, and/or he tells me that we first need to stop eating out so much. I really don't understand what is the harm into finding information and taking the steps into buying a home. I understand it is a big commitment but one that we need to undertake. So my question to all of my QB friends is, how do I approach this situation without sounding like a nagging wife? All I want is a place that we can call our own and to be able to raise a family in. Is this so wrong?

I even took it a step further yesterday. I saw on the news that there is a new community in our city where they are building affordable houses starting at 130 thousand. I found the courage to walk into their office yesterday and find out information. I was given a packet with different floor plans and I was told that these houses are going quick. The first phase of houses have all been sold and starting in Nov, they will start phase 2 of building more houses in this area. I was told that we can be placed on a NO OBLIGATION waiting list. This would give us time to get pre-approved. I was told if we are pre-approved by Nov. then we would be able to start the process of getting our house built. With a closing and move in date of April or May of next year. But I haven't showed the packet to my husband. I feel guilty of getting this information yesterday without his consent. Even if this amount is too pricey I just want him to understand that I will be happy with whatever we can afford just as long as it is a place the we can call our own.