Old 07-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Amythyst02

Really good advice sprinkled thoughout. I cannot add much but I honestly think "trust" is one of the most important things. For both my hubby and myself this is our 3rd marriage. We both previously divorced due to cheating spouses. So trust was a huge issue for us. But we have been married now over 28yrs. Love him, no matter what his faults are, because you have some too. Start each day with a kiss and I love you, end each day the same way. Hold hands!! Be there when he is down, and hopefully he will be there for you when you are down. Communicate. Sadly things have changed so much in the last 30 years, that it does make it hard. I think divorce is too easy, and people go into marriages thinking if its too hard, or things get rough, I can just get a divorce. I always tell hubby if he thinks he gets anything when he leaves he crazy. He can have the clothes he came into this marriage with and that is all!
Of course those clothes are long gone now, so I guess he will have to leave in his birthday suit. :-D

Love like there are no tomorrows.