Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Lucky Patsy's

I am a bit of both. I read a lot of books and magazines and internet sites and learn that way. I take a class now and then especially to learn a technique that I am interested in. If money was no object, I would probably take more. I belong to a guild and really enjoy seeing everyone's projects.
I especially enjoy what I call partner quilting, meeting with just one other person and working together on something. I have been teaching a friend of mine to quilt, and my sister and I have been meeting once a week to quilt. We get a lot done in these sessions as one person can press while the other cuts or one person can pin while the other sews or presses, and you have some one to chat with and help with fabric choice decisions. I enjoy that alot.

Kyia- here is some info (hopefully up to date!)I found about a guild which I think is in your area:

Williamsport
Tiadaghton Quilt Guild Meetings are the Second Wednesday of each month at the United Church of Christ 200 East Third Street at 7:30pm The guild does many charity project, a guild retreat, guest speakers at meetings, and small group activities. All levels of quilters are encouragedt o come and join us.
Contact Pat Coulter at [email protected] for more information