View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
OMG! It occurred to me last night as I was sewing half-square triangles and thinking of my sewing history - things I used to sew and what I sew now - that I have been sewing for 40 years! I learned in eighth grade and have been sewing ever since.

I have also been cross stitching for 25 years!

I wish I could remember what enchanted me about sewing, but I must love it to be doing it this long!

What about you - do you remember what it was about sewing that grabbed you at the beginning? Or what keeps you going now?
I started sewing at 5, so I have been sewing for 65 years. I made most of my clothes in high school; all my maternity clothes over the years; have made several wedding gowns, re-upholstered chairs, made all the GKids baby layettes and clothes when they were little, and am now into quilting. I do quilts for gifts for the family and many for charity. Not much into the alteration thing anymore. When I was little I was the only one in my class that had a different dress for each day of the week, so I guess that is what attracted me to sewing. I love the creative part of it.