View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Rosyhf

I just wanted to chat a bit and share before starting the day.

As you all know, I have been working on Judy Martin's, Snake River Log Cabin.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-138526-1.htm

I do have to stop and cook now and then and do other stuff lol. Thank goodness that Hubby does the laundry and cleaning and I can go right back to sewing.

This morning I mixed up our special bread and in a couple hours, I will make them off and put them to rise again. I make a pumpernickle bread. I use whole wheat, rye, ground oatmeal (I do it my self), regular flour, yeast, salt, cocoa, dried milk, molasses, a little olive oil, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed, flax,cranberries, blueberries and raisens.

I soak the raisen, dried cranberries and blueberries and heat them up to boil and turn off. They get nice and plump that way. I then add cold water to it and add it to the mix. I don't measure anything lol...I just do it.

I made a huge pot of rice and veggies. Later on when I take a break I will stew a pot of chicken breast and then that will do for a few days lol.

I made our huge cookies the day before and those are also nutritious. For the cookies, I use the same blueberries and cranberries but golden raisens and walnuts and chopped glazed ginger, a little brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, flour, oatmeal, ginger powder, baking soda, two eggs. molasses.

To go on with our little chat. I happened to watch a lovely movie last night. It was so enjoyable. It was called, "The last Waltz. It was a movie on Johnan Strauss and his music and that grand Coloratura Soprano, Miliza Korjus, was singing the waltzes. The Coloratura Soprano is one of the rarest voice categories, Dramatic Coloraturas literally are a breed apart.

I have heard this type of singing before but never thought anything of it and just thought that you learned to sing that way lol.....

Anyway, I enjoyed it so much, that now I am playing the Strauss waltzes from my computer. I have all my music programed in my pc.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-230719.jpe   attachment-230720.jpe   attachment-230721.jpe