View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 06:14 AM
thrums

Originally Posted by clsurz
Originally Posted by suezq
WalMart is now bringing back to their stores a very nice line of fabrics, qujilting notions, as well as all of the accessories, and a lot of the fabric I saw was the same as JoAnn's had for several dollars more.
Don't let Walmart fool you though. Yes they are bringing back fabric but also going up on prices just like everywhere else. What they call there good fabric now is up to between $6-7.98 a yard and the flimsy stuff which we use to be able to buy for about $3.50 is now over $4 a yard.

Also especially watch there fat quarters..... they have some of it with a different sticker which is hard to peel off. It has a silver sticky side and reminds me of superglue. Damn stuff stuck to my fingers just like super glue and also lost at least two fat quarters because I could not pull off the sticker. FQ's are also higher.....$1.45 each. We use to be able to buy those for less than a dollar.

Now I did buy 15 different new yardage fabrics X 2 the other day at Walmarts but it still was almost $6 a yard with tax. Manufacturer brand name is Spring Creative Products Group, LLC 2011. I bought it because it looks rich in solid colors..... with a mirage of lines in it but not over powering.... very pretty.

We supposedly have sale prices on some stuff but they don't drop it more than 50 cents a yard when they do. We have this 1 and 2 dollar sales in our Walmart here. Lowest sale table price is $3 to $3.50 a yard and they even have some $4.97 a yard and that is the cheesy looking one.
I'm finding more and more with Walmart "You don't get what you pay for." You really have to watch its prices (and product placement on shelves).

LQS are the best way to go because their business depends on satisfied customers.